Thursday, December 8, 2016

Using Stealthgear AIWB holster as a hip holster


Hey all. So I recently bought the Stealthgear "Ventcore" IWB Mini holster for my Glock 26. I'm a fairly thin guy, at 6'1 170 and found that it concealed OK but I had to put it pretty far back (like 5 o'clock) to get it to not print too noticeably from the front when wearing tshirts or more form fitting long sleeve shirts. I also found found that drawing from that far back kind of hurt my shoulder (I currently have a somewhat injured shoulder that will likely require surgery to fix 100%) and that might hinder me in a situation where I'd have to draw. So I went and ordered the Stealthgear "Revolution" AIWB thinking that carrying appendix would A) be more concealable and B) be and easier draw for me considering the shoulder. So anyway that arrived today and I've tried it on and found it to be both of those things. I also have been experimenting with putting it at about 3:30 or 4 o'clock and using it as a strong side hip holster. It is much more concealable in those positions than the Ventcore IWB Mini is.So I'm thinking about returning the IWB mini and just keeping the AIWB, using it as a strong side hip holster (and possibly at times an appendix holster,- as it is designed to be). I'm wondering if anyone else has done this, and if there are any issues with using it on the hip that I may not be thinking of. I don't want to return the IWB Mini and then a couple weeks down the line realize theres some reason why the AIWB holster isn't good to use on the hip. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2hatuvL

No comments:

Post a Comment