Thursday, December 8, 2016

My New Favorite Horizontal OWB Mag Carrier


Carrying an extra mag can be tedious at times but it is something that should be done. I've never been a fan of carrying an extra mag IWB as I don't even like carrying my gun IWB. I don't want to carry it in the pocket as I already have enough stuff. This leaves on the belt. I've been through three previous mag carriers before I found this one and now I'm set.The first I tried was a Safariland 123. This pretty good as it holds a full size G17 mag. The downside is does not hold a G19 well and fancy velcro, in a single spot, is what keeps it on your belt.My next experiment was with the SHTF Gear. The benefit of this over the Safariland was being able to carry a smaller G19 mag and it is held at two spots of velcro. The advantage of the Safariland is the larger mag and it easier to adjust by sliding it around once on, the SHTF stays in place.Never being comfortable with velcro I looked into other option like a Leatherman Holster. Unfortunately I pitched this soon as I got it. It did not hold a G19 mag well, and there was a hole at the bottom the top bullet would stick out of.I went back to using the SHTF and Safariland until I found the reason why I am making this post, the Condor Single Pistol Mag Pouch. This thing is fantastic. I'm going to start with the only downside, it's for a G17 mag. Now that is out of the way, on the back of it is four elastic straps that gives you options to keep it on your belt. I have 1.5" reinforced Beltman horsehide and it fits. I've been using it for the last few weeks and I barely notice it compared to a G19 mag in the SHTF carrier.http://ift.tt/2gGYjVs via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2hl6Jpm

No comments:

Post a Comment