Friday, December 9, 2016

[FINAL UPDATE] I accidentally put my edc through the tsa checkpoint


Original post heretl;dr: I left my EDC in my carry-on bag and brought it to the Las Vegas airport. Received a citation, weapon was impounded, and I was allowed to go on my way.Update heretl;dr: Reached plea deal with DA that charges would be dropped if I stayed out of trouble for 30 days, paid $503 fine, and forfeited weapon, lost TSA pre-check.(Hopefully) Final Update1.) Stayed out of trouble and charges were dropped2.) Received a notice from TSA assessing me a $3,000 civil penalty but that it would be reduced to $1,500 if I paid within 30 days.3.) My attorney tried to have this reduced but TSA never returned her multiple phone calls.4.) Total expenditure:Attorney: $1500TSA Civil Penalty: $1500Fine: $503Gun: $230Fee to change my airfare since I missed my flight: $100Total: $3,8335.) Moving on, lesson learned.As in previous posts, I would appreciate refraining from any sort of lectures about needing to improve awareness, etc. I take full responsibility for my actions. I'm simply posting here to try and educate others. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2gkW3XH

No comments:

Post a Comment