Saturday, July 23, 2016

LCP vs. M&P Bodyguard 380 vs. TCP vs. P380


Hi All,This post might get a little long, but I'll try to be succinct. I've spent months at this point researching the best pocket .380 option to supplement my Shield, and to serve as a discreet pocket carry option. More importantly, I want a sidearm I can go jogging with. So I've narrowed it down to the four guns mentioned in the title. I've heard too many poor things about the DB380 and KelTec P3AT to consider them. I like the Sig p938 but I want to stick with double action, and it's actually quite a bit bigger than it seems on paper.The TCP is in 4th place for me. The trigger is nice, and the slide locks back, but those are the only reasons to choose it over the LCP. The grip doesn't do anything for me, and while many have said it is flawlessly reliable and "yeah but this Taurus is good", I'm still not convinced.The Kahr seems nice, but I haven't been able to find one to hold yet. I've heard more anecdotal issues about reliability (even after the 200 round break-in) than the LCP or Bodyguard.The LCP is in 2nd place. There are several things that for me, it doesn't do as well as the Bodyguard. I know on this sub, it's considered the Alpha and the Omega of pocket pistols. But when I first handled, my thought was "yeah that doesn't feel good, I guess I'll never get a pocket pistol." it feels more toy-like. The slide doesn't lock back, I don't like the laser options as much, and the sights are hardly there at all (which is also a plus). The Custom version fixes this.The Bodyguard simply feels great to my hand. When picking it up, I was really amazed at how it just felt like a full-size pistol made tiny, instead of a toy gun made real. I like the laser, more-so for the training applications than real world use. It has a true double action system, good sights, and extended magazine options. The slight weight increase means slightly less recoil than the LCP. But I also know that this subreddit despises the trigger pull length and weight.So I wanted to get opinions here, keeping in mind that I already know the specs on each gun pretty well. I haven't had a chance to shoot any of these, and I don't know that I will. But the Bodyguard's trigger pull doesn't seem any worse than a revolver (though the small size of the firearm must exacerbate the issue.)Sorry for the wall of text, but I'd love to discuss. Thanks. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2a2SGN9

No comments:

Post a Comment