Wednesday, June 14, 2023

What training should I undertake?

Hello everyone,

I am a M28. I work as a doctor, therefore I work loads of unsociable hours (finishing at midnight, 10pm, 7am etc). I'm married and soon planning on having a kid. I would like to learn how to fight. To be more elaborate, self defence. I have been in situations 2-3 times where a person has tried to harm a family member I was walking with by trying to hit them. Luckily all those times I just happen to be physically bigger than the attacker and was able to overpower them and push them away.

However, I would like to have the necessary skills to be able to either fight off someone, unarm a knife or whatever.

What sort of training would you suggest I get? I have seen a lot of krav maga mentioned.

Should I also think of boxing? BJJ?

I am a medium build and have intermediate experience in the gym (have been going to the gym for around 8 years on and off). I would say I am fairly strong, but need to work on my endurance.



Submitted June 14, 2023 at 03:17PM by Tropicaltroponin https://ift.tt/VEG1aT5

No comments:

Post a Comment