Friday, June 30, 2023

It's been fun but I'm stepping down


Well the time has come that I am departing this sub as a moderator. In my last post I'll give you a little insight on why I created this sub and what I had envisioned for it. I created this sub because I just wanted a resource to be able to get information on carrying a gun. The information I was looking for was...what holster should I get, what are the ways I could carry, what is a good gun to use...you know those posts everyone is tired of. 12-13 years ago, that information was hard to come by and I knew reddit would be a good place to get that information. After finding that no subreddits existed, minus general gun subreddits, I created this sub. /r/guns was NOT happy that I was making a specific sub for a specific thing that guns were used in, it was quite funny at how much people were complaining that we didn't need a sub like this. In the end I'm glad we were able to create and maintain a sub that met these goals. I'm grateful for all the moderators and users that attributed to this sub.My vision for this sub was always to be a resource of information. It was not meant to be a political statement for guns, nor a political party jerk-fest, nor a general sub for gun discussions. There are tons of other places these posts and discussions could be had, but this was not meant to be the sub for that. Mixing these issues into this sub makes it less of a resource by making the information difficult to find. That is the difficulty of moderating this sub and the challenge for making rules for this sub. This is a problem that many subs don't have or don't care to tackle, but we always have.You are left in good hands with /u/crazyScott90 and /u/qweltor, they are fantastic people and I am confident in their abilities make this sub a great resource. It's been a joy and sometimes not a joy....and I wish this sub the best.P.S. As stated in a post earlier this month, I am leaving because I do not have the capacity to moderate this sub just on a PC. Reddit killed off most all the 3rd party apps (RIF is officially dead now) and I do not want to be a pawn for reddit anymore. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/JRQNzkx

No comments:

Post a Comment