Friday, June 9, 2023

Is it a bad idea to get an airgun for protection?

To be clear, I'm not asking if it would be good to actually use to defend myself, I know they are not good for that. But I feel like 95% of the point of having a gun is to get an assailant to back off, and I'd rather just have a weapon that does that without the potential consequences of accidentally causing a lethal injury to myself, my loved ones or an innocent bystander.

I recently moved into a new house in a bad neighborhood with my girlfriend and our dogs. 3 days ago, someone was killed in their home literally across the street from us. Yesterday, she called me while I was at work to tell me she heard gunshots extremely close to our home, likely down the block. It also makes me very nervous that we live in a pretty nice looking new home (we rented a new build) and might be targeted for break-in. The landlord was an idiot and put in a back door which is near-entirely made of one pane of clear glass and very visible from the street; it looks like the easiest break-in opportunity a person could have.



Submitted June 09, 2023 at 11:36AM by jaydean20 https://ift.tt/tZFjXAB

No comments:

Post a Comment