Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Enigma/Concealment Belt with tucked in shirt question


Those who carry with Enigma’s or Concealment Belts with a tucked in shirt, do you carry under or over your shirt? My pants belt rides high, near my belly button. I wear a concealment belt near my actual hips, allowing for the grip of the gun to be concealed below my pants belt line and the barrel coming to rest near the start of the inseam on my pants. I can conceal a full size Ruger Security 9/Glock 19 size pistol in this fashion and it’s very comfortable. I am 6 foot, 174lbs. I tuck in my shirt, however, I find that wearing the concealment belt over my shirt works much better than under. Over the shirt, under the pants. My draw stroke is to pull my pants belt away and I’m on the gun, I haven’t timed it yet, but it is a very quick draw. I tried carrying under the shirt and under my pants, but my draw stroke is severely limited. I almost need 3 hands, one to pull my shirt out and up, one to create space and then one on the gun. It would be different and closer to a normal IWB draw if I carried at the same height as my pants belt, but I find that I print horribly if the gun is above my belt line with a tucked in shirt. I find the belt on the outside of the shirt helps keep my shirts tucked in, and I don’t feel any rubbing or chafing from the holster, sort of a win win win. It works for me, so I’ll keep doing it, just wondering if anyone else does it this way? Those with deeper concealment belts, do you carry with a tucked in shirt? And if so, do you carry under or over the shirt, if you carry below the belt line? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/iOg0adb

No comments:

Post a Comment