Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Police interactions with conceal carry license?


I just got my CC license in the mail today and I’m curious what your interactions have been like with police since you got yours. I haven’t been pulled over in some time but I’m sure I’ll be pulled over again someday.I read an article once by a cop who was talking about how dispatch will tell him if he’s pulling someone over with a CC license and he wishes they wouldn’t do that because while he feels safer interacting with someone with a CC license since he knows they are law abiding citizens who went through the process, most other cops he knows are more on edge since they know the person is more likely to be armed. I assume cops aren’t informed of this in all jurisdictions.That article and the Philando Castile incident have me wondering if it wasn’t the best idea to get the license, but I feel more nervous now that I actually have it than I did when I was applying. A little booklet came with my license that gave suggestions on how to interact with police. I’ll follow the suggestions (eg hands on steering wheel, dome light on, no quick movements) but the fact that the state sent me that shows me the doj shares my concerns.As a black guy I’m particularly, though not exclusively, interested in stories from other black/brown people. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3d8d4zw

No comments:

Post a Comment