Thursday, November 25, 2021

I hope this fits here, my takeaways from personal defensive use of a firearm.


I had to use a firearm once when I was 15 and a knife the same year. I had a Glock 17 and I won’t say the state I lived in but it was legal for me to possess it inside my home. My neighbors at the time where methheads and this night they decided to get drunk smoke some meth and try to break our door down while screaming about killing us all, my mom didn’t own a gun at the time and my dad refused to touch one so I grabbed my weapon from my safe chambered a round and pointed it at the door. At that moment the mail slot was slid open and a woman with a blunt object yelled she would kill my sister first (she was 8 at the time and rightfully terrified). I told her if she got through the door I would kill her, and the police arrived a few minutes after she came to her senses and left. The door was damaged and they would have gotten in and I would have had to fire if they didn’t decide it wasn’t worth it. Shout out to the cops who wouldn’t do a thing about it with video evidence.The knife.I was in a supermarket bathroom when a man twice my size and obviously drunk cornered me out of the blue and told me he would beat me into a coma, he kept advancing on me and wouldn’t stop until I pulled my cheep kershaw and told him to leave, I walked out of the bathroom in shock at what happened in no more than 15 seconds and told the manager I had been threatened and to call the cops and then left and started having a panic attack in my moms car.If I have one takeaway from this it’s see a shrink after it happens not 3 years later when you realize that ptsd isn’t like the movies and that you probably have it. Always keep a loaded mag at least near your weapon and for the love of god figure out if you would actually pull the trigger before a situation occurs, if you don’t your only giving someone else a gun. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3HRSFwA

No comments:

Post a Comment