Tuesday, November 30, 2021

HELP: Short & Skinny Appendix Carry is Impossible?


TL;DR - despite following all of the common recommendations for skinny guy appendix carry, I am not even close to concealing my Glock 19. Anyone have any new advice?I know I know, there are "skinny guy AIWB" posts littered all over the internet. But most of these "skinny" guys list their stats as at least 5'9" and 150lbs+.... I'm 5'5" and 115lbs. I've yet to see a post online of a guy as small as me seeking help.Setup:Glock 19 with TLR-7AHolster: LAS Concealment Saya. Not the most commonly recommended holster but it has universally good reviews, is high quality, has a substantial claw, Discreet Carry Concepts clips, and I'm using a foam wedge with it as well. So the "use a good holster with foam wedge + claw" recommendation has been followed here.Belt: Blue Alpha Gear Hybrid EDC. One of the most highly regarded and recommended gun belts out there. Buckle is offset at the 10-11 o’clock position to reduce the amount of bulk up front where the holster is.Jeans: American Eagle AirFlex+ / 360 Flex jeans in skinny cut. Very stretchy to accommodate the holster; I have seen these jeans recommended in the past. I bought a 29 waist size (I usually wear 28 and still need a belt at that size). I tried on a 30 but it was gigantic on me. I'm a tiny dude, so any jeans that are not skinny cut make me look super unpresentable and baggy. Even slim cut does not work for me.Shirts: Thick, dark colored flannel button ups that are just a hair too big for me. Bought these because I've heard dark colors, patterns, thick material, and button ups are the absolute best garments for AIWB carry..Despite following all of these golden rules to appendix carry, when you look at me from the side I literally look like the letter "h". I’m not really printing, the entire setup is just bulging outward and is super noticeable. Not only is the grip above my belt line a problem, but the holster below the belt line is super noticeable as well. The zipper region of my jeans is just bulging out as if I have a fanny pack inside my jeans.I know I've only tried one setup so far, but I'm already discouraged after seeing how insanely far off I am. I have a Tier 1 Axis Elite on the way because the reputation of these holsters is INSANE. But I'm really not hopeful. How can I expect to effectively conceal my gun AND a spare mag if I can't even come close to concealing the gun alone???Oh yeah, by the way... everything I've been saying here was done using JUST THE FRAME OF THE GUN. My slide is currently getting cut for a red dot. So this will undoubtedly be 10x worse once the slide is in the picture. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3I7nIER

No comments:

Post a Comment