Monday, November 22, 2021

Is having a malfunction once or twice out of the first 100 rounds fired normal?


So I just purchased a new ccw (M&P compact 40) and I had a failure to fire on my first magazine I put through it. Simply cleared it and the firearm, inspected it, rechambered it and it fired the 2nd time. Around 70 rounds later I had a failure to go into battery. I have decent experience with shooting 9mm and 380 and have never had a problem with limp wristing but it could have been me too. Each jam occurred on 2 different types of factory ammo so I don't think it's the ammo but idk. Since it's hopefully going to be my new ccw and I want to absolutely make sure it is reliable I sent it back to the shop and am having them look into it just in case it does happen to be the firearm. I'm pretty new to carrying so bear with me but I was wondering if this is somewhat common for new firearms or not? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3oKxUdm

No comments:

Post a Comment