Sunday, November 21, 2021

Help for a new CCW owner with a small body frame


A week ago, I completed my CCW class, and after fixing a mix-up with a misspelling of my name on the certificate, my application is in the mail and I should be receiving my license soon.However, the CCW class, for whatever reason, didn't really go over how to, well, actually conceal your weapon, or any related practices such as drawing it. It was a nice class, but most of it just covered stuff I had already learned through the USCCA. So now I'm running into some difficulty figuring out how to concealed carry without it being visible through my shirt, because I'm rather thin and what I tried so far hasn't worked.I'm 5'6" and 110 lbs., so I'm obviously rather small with not a lot of room. My gun is a Shadow Systems MR920 Elite (a modified Glock 19, so just use that as a size reference). The gun is absolutely perfect for my hands, but I'm finding it difficult to conceal at the waist.So far, I just tried a Sticky holster in my waistband in different positions to see what would work best. Appendix carry was a disaster, being very noticeable in one way or another, either from the bulge of the firearm in the waistband or the edge of the grip poking at my shirt. I had more success with what I believe is called a 4 o'clock position (just around the corner of my hip), as my shirt was pressured less against the gun, but if I moved about a bit, the shirt would tend to settle and rest on the grip of my gun, which looked incredibly obvious.After these issues, I returned the Sticky holster and am looking for other solutions. I'm assuming, then, that if concealed carry is possible for me at all, I'd need a more involved setup with a belt and more specifically designed holster. But again, they didn't talk about any of that stuff in the class, and I haven't been able to come across much info online for this specific issue, so I'd appreciate some help.For small frame people like me, is there a setup that can more reliably conceal my MR920/Glock 19? A specific kind of belt and holster that I'd need to make it more inconspicuous? Or might there be some other solution?Thanks! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3oRid4a

No comments:

Post a Comment