Monday, November 22, 2021

Had to draw


Im not super keen on giving details but im a Process Server and I happen to serve a lot of restraining orders and criminal complaints. I had a situation go way sideways way fast while working and I felt it necessary for my safety to draw. Ive never had a human being in my sights. Luckily verbal commands and de-escalating worked, nobody got hurt and a peaceful resolution was met.What I wasnt prepared for was how a paper silhouette of a man doesnt prepare you for an actual person. I wouldn't have hesitated to fire had he raised his weapon but the sense of dread I felt in that moment was indescribable. "Am I going to see my family again? Fuck that, I absolutely am. Is he? Please dont make me do this." And the puking after my adrenaline dump wore off. It seemed surreal after and I didnt even have to shoot. Im not trying to brag or anything, I just wanted to share my first experience of feeling it necessary to draw on a person. The only other time ive had to draw in reality was a dog situation where children were in danger. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3DFFAUC

No comments:

Post a Comment