Thursday, March 5, 2020

Is a Blackhawk nylon IWB holster safe?


I recently was gifted a Glock 19 clone (FMK 9C1) and I had a nylon Blackhawk holster I had gotten for an old .380 a couple years ago that was too big but I never bothered to take it back. I dug it out of my closet and my 9C1 fits perfectly in it and is snug as a bug and draws super smoothly. My only issue with it is that because it’s a soft holster and the 9C1 only has a trigger safety, I’m worried about a possible negligent discharge because I’ve heard that could happen with soft holsters.So I unloaded and cleared the gun, cocked it, slid it into the holster and fingered and poked the shit out of the holster to try to see if I could get it to dry fire to no avail. While it is soft, the fabric is pretty thick and no matter how hard I press, I can’t make a dent in the trigger guard. This little test has given me a bit of confidence in carrying this in condition one, but I thought I’d check with y’all just in case.I would totally get a kydex holster, but I don’t have the money for anything like that right now, so using a holster I already have in my closet would be nice if I can.Here are some pics of it in said holster via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2TFg1NL

No comments:

Post a Comment