Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Carry 5" full size PPQ? Is this practical? Holster options?


So a bit of background, I was originally looking at getting a standard PPQ for my "do everything" gun (I already have a nice slim single stack 9mm for my EDC), this gun was to fill the role primarily of home defense, and range / target shooting like 99% of the time. I just want a nice gun with a nice trigger that I can shoot well and have fun with. But at the same time if I decide to carry it on occasion I wanted it to fill that role as well possibly if my wife decides to carry my M&P Shield instead of me. This next gun I wanted to be "glock 19 sized" so a mid size compact.Anyway, my LGS has a great deal on a PPQ Q5 Match, like $150 under MSRP good deal. I was thinking about getting the Q4 TAC because it has an optics plate. Now I've never shot a hand gun with a red dot optic but I kind of wanted the option to add one in the future should I ever decide I want to upgrade. The Q5 Match also has this option.Now my primary question, is it even practical to carry a gun this big? I know people carry full size 1911's all the time. Does it make sense to hold out for a good deal on a Q4 TAC instead like I originally wanted, or should I just go for broke with the Q5. It's actually only a $10 difference once I factor in the FFL transfer fees.TL;DR is it a dumb idea to carry a Q5 Match with 5" barrel and 5" slide? Is it really going to make much of a difference compared to the same gun with only a 4" slide and 4.6" threaded barrel? Grip length and width is identical. And if so, what holsters are available for the 5"? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/39c3siI

No comments:

Post a Comment