Thursday, March 26, 2020

If a stranger says, “I’ve got coronavirus” and aggressively approaches you, or attempts to cough, sneeze or otherwise touch you without consent, what options are on the table? Discuss.


I just read an article documenting instances of GenZ attention whores doing reckless shit trying to go viral (no pun intended) during this pandemic. This includes everything from licking toilet public toilet seats with the hashtag #CoronavirusChallenge, to coughing on produce at the grocery store, to licking cleaning supplies and paper products at Walmart, to approaching others in public and coughing or sneezing to film their reactions. One instance involved a dude telling everyone in the store quite loudly that he had coronavirus.Many of these people have been prosecuted. That got me thinking. If it’s against the law for someone to do these things under the guise of starting a panic or transmitting a lethal disease, what is overkill when it comes to my own personal safety? I carry on a regular basis. If someone screams “I have coronavirus” and rapidly approaches me, how justified am I in putting some rounds down range? I imagine I’d at least likely draw on them.I’m currently living back at my parents’ house for the duration of this mess trying to be a good son and care for two somewhat elderly at-risk individuals. IMO, anyone approaching me with the intent of coughing on me constitutes a very real threat to my loved ones, even if I’m relatively young and healthy. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2Jju72p

No comments:

Post a Comment