Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Friend wouldn't stop talking shit with neighbors and it almost got physical, what should I do if things went south?


It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.TLDR: Your friend is in an argument with someone else. You had no part in the argument. Things get physical and the fight needs to be broken up. What would you do?​Story for people with time to waste:My friend isn't a violent person but he has a talent for getting upset people into a fucking rage. He wouldn't be the first one to throw a punch.I'm sitting in the car with a friend. I'm in the passenger seat. We are waiting in front of another friends house waiting for her to get ready and into the car. A neighbor pulls into her own driveway and gives us a nasty look. As the neighbor leaves her car she keeps glaring at us and mouthing something I couldn't hear. She looks unhappy. So my friend says "Hi". This pissed off the neighbor (woman, 40-60 years old) for whatever reason and marches up to the driver side window and starts talking shit to my friend (the driver). He doesn't like taking shit from others so they both end up in an argument over who said what. My friend keeps telling her to be nice and not to be so aggressive (in a condescending voice like she was 5 year old or something) and all that which we all know never helps when someone is in a pissed off mood. They both up talking shit back to each other. I don't even know or care to be honest so I tell him to drive off and we can wait around the corner. He doesn't and continues the bullshit. The neighbors husband (i think) comes out looking like he hates life and doesn't know what to do so this lady keeps going at it but the husband stands there with his fists clenched. Shit is heated and I'm starting to think about what to do if this gets physical because she also has her fists clenched and is looking very aggressive.The friend we are picking up gets into the car and we drive off, all the while everyone but myself is taking shit with neck veins bulging and saliva mist flying everywhere. We left without anything physical happening. So I'm sitting there like wtf bro just leave it alone next time. That's when I realized that my state of mind (as a person with a CCW and packing heat) is to deescalate situations and leaving it alone as opposed to what my friend did and just make things worse by indulging in the shit talk. He makes an excellent internet troll by the way.So my question here is what if things got physical? I had nothing to do with the argument. I dont say a word to the neighbor so I had no part in this. If her and husband decided to get physical on my friend would I be justified in drawing my firearm? Knowing these people are older and unarmed I would be very hesitant to have my finger on the trigger unless its getting life threatening for my friend, but to display a firearm to break up the fight would be legal or easily dismissed in court? I got really worried and I'm thinking of having a talk with my friends to not start shit when I'm around because I really don't want to end up drawing my firearm if things go south.My grammar skills are garbage. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2MrPItg

No comments:

Post a Comment