Monday, May 14, 2018

EMS - What do they do with CCW patients?


Years ago (before I was carrying) I got into a motorcycle accident and nowadays I always wonder what happens in the following situation-- if EMS arrives on site of, say a bad car accident, and while treating an unconscious patient they discovered a concealed weapon, what do they do with it? I know when I woke up in the hospital days later they had a large plastic bag with things like my wallet and broken watch although they had cut all my clothes off. Presumably if police are on scene of the accident, they would turn it over to the cop but then what? Do you have to go to the police station at some point and show your permit and prove that you purchased the weapon? If EMS is in a hurry to get you to the hospital to save your life and no police have arrived yet, do they have temporary custody of the patients weapon? This is one of those things that I bet happens fairly often but I don't know what happens in such cases. I've love to hear if anyone knows what's done or better yet if anyone has been in such a situation and can provide inside that would be great. Carry safe & smart everyone! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2GgjMAq

No comments:

Post a Comment