Saturday, May 19, 2018

Close encounter, advice desired


This event literally just happened to me about 20 minutes ago, typing it out now so it is all fresh in my mind.Downtown Milwaukee, WI, 1130am.Stopped at Jimmy Johns to grab a sub, paid, walked out and within 30 seconds I see a homeless dude asking for money. Nothing out of the ordinary, interact with them daily, usually just a "no sorry" and that's it.Guy asked for money, I said 'no sorry' and he immediately starts going off on me in a way I've never encountered with a homeless individual before. He starts follownig me and begins to berate me, which is fine, it's whatever, but then he starts talking about how he's going to kick my ass and kill me, and mentions how he's going to kill me with his pistol.I immediately key in on that and the adrenaline is flowing, my ears start to ring the blood is pumping. I have my M&P shield on my left hip (left handed), jimmy johns bag in my right hand and keys in my left. He keeps going on and on and I begin weighing my options, at what point do I draw? I keep walking, eyes forward just hoping to get to my car and lock the door, but he keeps getting closer, more aggressive with no sign of stopping.I put my keys in my right hand in preparation in case I need to draw my shield. I make the decision that at the first sight of a lunge towards me, I draw. Thankfully, being that it's Milwaukee and there's nearly a cop on every block. I flag down a cop car and start pointing at the guy next to me.Next thing I know he's running through the streets hands in his pockets and the cop has his gun drawn. He ends up getting tazed and a swarm of cops descends on the scene.I go into my car and leave, seeing as I didn't draw I felt no need to be there to talk to anyone. It was truly a once in a lifetime experience for me so far. I've been carrying since I was 21 and I'm now 26 and I've never felt like that before.What you have done anything differently?thanks for reading. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2wVJpad

No comments:

Post a Comment