Friday, May 18, 2018

Bloomberg article on "badge factories" - thoughts for CCW?


Here's the article (using donotlink to avoid giving Bloomberg traffic).The gist is that there are apparently large number of rural sheriffs who are willing to grant deputy badges to everyday individuals. This then allows them to qualify under LEOSA, so they can basically CCW anywhere in the country.I'm of two minds on something like this. On the one hand, I think it's dumb. People who are not cops should not pretend to be cops, and flashing a badge makes you come off as a tacticool wannabe.On the other hand, the only reason this exists is because the gun laws in some states are completely asinine. I should be able to carry whatever I want, where ever I want, throughout the country. I should be able to purchase a suppressor and a post-86 select-fire SBR if I want to. I should not have to pin my 15 round magazine to 10 rounds because "think of the children".As a result, I find myself actually considering doing something like this (though I don't even know where to start looking to do it). It's stupid, but it's a means to an end. What does r/CCW think of this? Am I crazy? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2Lbq7ks

No comments:

Post a Comment