Thursday, May 17, 2018

Hey mods...about those near-DGU posts...


I thought you were going to get back to us after evaluating the whole situation regarding near-DGU experience posts. I haven't seen anything since that thread a few weeks ago (granted, I've been too busy to check /r/ccw every day, but I see no stickies up).I swear, if I see many more, "ZOMG! Someone I didn't know took a breath within a square mile of me, so I had to make my gun more accessible," posts, I may have a stroke.Why do we even allow this to run rampant, again? I carry, and I've nothing against exercising the right to bear arms, nor actually responsibly deploying self-defence. That said, the amount of people bringing guns into the equation before doing so is even reasonably merited is stunningly ridiculous. What ever happened to, "Absolute last resort," and why are you giving all of these a pass, as if there's nothing wrong with (dry cough) jumping the gun as we see so many doing (or claim they're doing, in any event)?Few things make our community look more foolish and irresponsible.To jog your memories, I was the one proposing a standardised post format for these, which would exclude the storytelling element, and also require reason/justification for posting. It seemed like things were taken onboard, but I haven't happened to see further action on this front. I have, however, seen more dumbass stories which leave me simply stunned. It's amazing how many people unfortunate enough to come into even moderate proximity with members of our community are blissfully unaware that their lives came closer to coming to an end over what are simple social interactions and parts of day-to-day living. sighI really wish you'd curb this BS. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2Gpwkpp

No comments:

Post a Comment