Saturday, May 19, 2018

Nicest guy in the room.


Wife and I went out for dinner last night. Get pulled over on the way home, cop walks up exchanged niceties and I announce my CCW in accordance with the law in my state. Cop thanks me and takes my papers. Turn back to my wife and she says “You have a gun on you?!” Standard response “I have pants on don’t I?” She’s not real bent and knows I have my CCW but she’s not into guns what so ever. Long story short we have a conversation after I get my warning. I utter something along the lines of the nicest guy in the room. The swirls down with me trying to explain that I never want to pull the thing out of the holster until I get home but “I’ll be damned if some one is going to hurt you or our daughter when I can have a tool with me to help the situation. “ Apparently my explanation that I would be absolutely trying to avoid any situation that it would be necessary to use it. So it would make me try to never escalate the situation. Didn’t make sense to her. Anyone have a similar conversation with a spouse and have some better terminology or way to say it. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2IOmItx

No comments:

Post a Comment