Sunday, February 5, 2017

[Scenario] Concealed carry and "run-hide-fight"


I work at a state university where concealed carry is currently illegal under state law and where everyone in the university system has undergone "run-hide-fight" training. I would like to that state law changed even though I'm some range time away from being comfortable enough with my own skills to carry. Even before then, though, I want to be able to address some of the fears and objections some of my colleagues will have about concealed carry on campus because I think that may help create an environment where that law will change.However, I'm sure that even if we could carry, "run-hide-fight" isn't going to go away. The one argument against concealed carry in active shooter situations that I'm sure how to counter is that law enforcement officers responding to an active shooter situation will treat anyone armed as a potential shooter. (The "active shooter training" video that makes LEOs "clearing" a building look like an outtake from Children of Men doesn't help.) I've looked for some sites addressing this, but all I've found is blowhards yelling, "LEOs can tell right away who the bad guys are!" That wouldn't fly even if I could say it with a straight face.So, has anyone successfully addressed with his or her employer issues of how to mesh concealed carry with active shooter training, or do you know of any good resources addressing this? (And by the way, if anyone is tempted to rant about dam librul professers, I am one and so is the guy who taught me to shoot.) via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2kwLZK1

No comments:

Post a Comment