Sunday, January 1, 2017

Went through a DUI/License Checkpoint last night


Coming home from a family members house around 12:30 last night, came around a bend in the road I saw blue lights on both sides of the road. Sure enough it was the NC Highway Patrol checking licenses and no doubt looking for DUIs leaving NYE parties. I hadn't had anything to drink as I had my wife and 5 month old son in the car.Flipped on my dome light, kept my hands on the wheel and rolled down my window. When it was my turn two State Troopers approached my window and asked to see my license. I said something to the effect of "yes sir, I will be glad to show you my license, but first i need to let you know that I am carrying a concealed firearm on my person." Trooper said "Awesome, where is it located?" I replied that it was on my left hip, same side as my wallet. Trooper said "no problem, go ahead and get your license and permit out for me." Showed him both, he told me to have a nice night, and I was on my way. Guy was totally cool and professional, didn't bat an eye when I told him a was carrying.TL;DRWent through a checkpoint last night, told cops I was carrying. Checked my license and ccw permit, I made no sudden movements, didn't get hassled. Happy New Year via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2imOz6h

No comments:

Post a Comment