Friday, January 27, 2017

Noise at night: Do you clear your home, or not?


Once every two or three years, I'll hear something at night that concerns me. It has only been a security issue once. My normal practice is to listen at my open bedroom door for a minute, and make a decision about walking the house with pistol and flashlight.If I thought someone was inside, I'd wake the High Command and have her call 911, as we did the one time there was a real issue, and then I'd await the cavalry in the bedroom doorway; that position offers cover, concealment, and controls access to the bedrooms. I can easily set my intense flashlight on the floor, facing the only approach.I'd like to have a way to know if the house is clear before I move. The noises are nearly always nothing, but I'd hate to be wrong.Cameras, with monitor in my bedroom, seem like the obvious solution; does anyone recommend any particular setup?My dog is elderly and deaf, so she isn't the reliable detector she once was, but I don't want another one.Other ideas? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2kCcocb

No comments:

Post a Comment