Thursday, January 26, 2017

Out-of-state Cpl in Chicago


I have a concealed pistol license from a state that respects a citizen's right to defend themselves, and am nearing a pre-planned weekend in Chicago.If it were just me going I would leave it at home without a second thought and take my chances. But it's not just me, I'll be there with someone I care very much about for a "romantic Valentine's weekend." We're staying downtown in a very nice hotel, but can't realistically be expected to stay under hotel arrest the entire time.The question is: if I had it on me, and god-forbid had to actually use it in a legitimate self defense situation, (and for the sake of argument had clear evidence supporting it as defense), would I have a legal leg to stand on or would I still be completely fucked?Given the current state of affairs in Chicago, I'm considering just cutting my losses and finding somewhere else to go. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2jBEe4a

No comments:

Post a Comment