Thursday, January 26, 2017

CCW while dirt bike riding legal question.


Question, I am new to CCW, just got my permit last month. One of the primary reasons that I got the permit is to be able to carry while in remote areas, on paved roads and also off-road on my dual sport bike. Occasionally while riding trails, I accidentally get on private property.. Trespassing while carrying. I do my best to stay off private property, but it can happen by accident or a necessity if lost. Am I potentially in more trouble than just a trespassing ticket because I have a firearm while committing a "crime"? I would have to imaging that it is similar to getting a speeding ticket while carrying, the gun would not even come into the equation. Would trespassing be any different? BTW, I live in the state of Oregon.Just to be clear so that people don't jump my shit, I don't knowingly go into marked private areas, but in the past I have accidentally wandered into private No-Trespassing areas, and have had to backtrack to not be lost. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2k7qQIi

No comments:

Post a Comment