Friday, January 27, 2017

Micro-Compact opinions sought


I'm currently looking for a back up gun/summer carry. I'm a small, thin female and currently carry a Ruger LC9s fairly comfortably (yay sweaters!). I've been considering the LCP2, the Sig P238 and the S&W Bodyguard. I went to a range yesterday and had a chance to rent and fire the P238, the Bodyguard and a Glock 42.The Glock 42 is out because it's not functionally any smaller than my current carry (which is a 9mm). I found the Bodyguard to have a ridiculous trigger. I didn't have strength issues pulling it, but it felt like my hand was too big. I almost had to make a fist to get it to fire, which pulled my shots way to the right. I think I fired three rounds before I said 'hell, no'.The Sig is a really comfortable gun to fire. The one they had was one with the hague grip and it fit really well in my hand. I think it's about a pound when fully loaded and it's shorter than my current carry (I'm looking to have something to fit in a thigh holster for under dresses and something that won't make my shorts hang funny to one side). It's just rather expensive...I wasn't able to try the LCP2. I've been curious about it since they released it and have read a few reviews. I've fired the original LCP and really didn't like it much. I need a gun that I can put enough rounds through to become accurate and I couldn't/wouldn't do that with the Bodyguard or classic LCP.I was hoping to find someone who may have fired both the P238 and the LCP2 who would give me a comparison. Particularly since I could purchase at least two LCP2s for the price of one P238. I know the physical differences and I know that each person has a different experience with a gun, so I'm not expecting the end all/be all of reviews, just opinions. (And if I missed a micro-compact that I should seek to try that equals the quality and reliability of what I've already tried).Thanks in advance! via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2kBY4MO

No comments:

Post a Comment