Sunday, January 29, 2017

Last night I was in a movie theater gun scare without my CC


I would like to share my experience with everyone here just so others can maybe learn from my mistakes and so that I can hear from others what I should have done differently.Last night my girlfriend and I went to see a movie accompanied by another couple. This was in a theater with reclining seats so they had to be reserved before hand. Our seats were located in the middle of the row at the bottom section of the room right down from the main walkway that leads into the theater.We make it through most of the movie and are in the last 20 minutes or so when we hear a scream come from the upper audience left section of seating. At first I didn't think much of it and just assumed that it was a kid joking around as we were watching a suspenseful movie, but I turned around to check on it anyways and noticed a group of people standing and some slight commotion going on. As more people stood up it became more difficult to see for sure what was happening and then all at once the whole room starts to run. After the fact people claimed they saw a person pull a gun, however, I don't know if that's confirmed yet. I still didn't want to stick around to take the chance.At that moment I acted immediately. I've never been in a situation like that before and always tried to prepare myself for what to do if I ever was. I knew that we were in a bad position as we were in the middle of the row and the people on the end seemed to be standing still. I noticed the row in front of us had already mostly cleared out so my first thought was to get me and my girlfriend over that row to hopefully add concealment and to get out faster. I leapt over but in doing so a person ran between me and my girlfriend breaking my grasp of her. She was partly carried away by the crowd but I was able to get her free of the horde of people and direct her to our nearest exit at the bottom by the screen. When we got outside I told her to keep running in a safe direction away from the theater. At this point I decided to go back to try and see if my friends were in need of help. I ran back and called their names a few times and looked at where we were sitting and when I didn't see them or hear them I left and called to confirm they were okay. I regrouped with my girlfriend and we left to meet up with our friends at a safe place.Looking back I know it was stupid to go back in but I wouldn't have been able to live with myself if something happened to them and I left them. I would love some feedback from everyone here as to what they think I should have done differently.There were some things that surprised me that I would like to add. First thing I thought of after was that even though I didn't have my CC on me I noticed I wouldn't have been able to do much with it had the person actually had a gun and started shooting. I still would have liked to have it with me though just in case. Also the biggest surprise to me was how people just stopped running once they made it out of the theater. It was pandemonium in that room as people thought they were about to be shot but then stopped once they made it out. I actually had to tell a girl to run when I went back because she asked me what to do.Sorry for rambling. I'm glad I can share this with the people of this community and I'm looking forward to what you have to say. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2kIhek4

No comments:

Post a Comment