Sunday, January 1, 2017

Looking for a chest rig setup for backpacking


I'm looking for a chest rig setup to CC while backpacking. Here is a picture of the pack I use. Anything IWB is out as I don't wear a belt and the hip strap of the pack would get in the way (and same for a drop leg setup). The pack's hip strap also wouldn't lend itself to any form of open carry. (I'm also not interested in open carry because while legal I don't want anyone to know I have a firearm they might want to steal while I sleep) This really just leaves a chest rig setup. I've seen the Hill People Gear bag for this, are there other solutions available? What sort of trigger protection would I need for a pack like this (I carry DA/SA no safety)?Ideally I'd like to have storage in the pack as well for citronella spray and/or bear spray for 4 legged issues (I've come across people with poorly behaved dogs with no leashes. Some way to keep them at bay without shooting them is important), my CCW for any 2 legged issues, and some other misc gear like a map, compass, whistle, etc. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2ispiWz

No comments:

Post a Comment