Thursday, December 8, 2016

(NC) No-gun signs on doors of building in which I'm leasing an office?


Well, not me leasing, but company is leasing.I work in a building where there are clear no-gun signs, which carry force of law in my state of North Carolina. However, I am working for a company that is leasing a suite in this building as an office space, and I walk to and from this office space. When I leave in the evening, it's dark out or close to it. I wish to carry, and my company doesn't care, but I don't have a car to leave my weapon in as I'm on foot every day. I was planning to just not carry, but yesterday in broad daylight a panhandler junkie didn't take it too well when I said I couldn't help him. He followed me for about half a block yelling in my direction. He didn't do anything that would have made me draw on him, but he was pretty close to it.I know that every time the apartment question comes up, the consensus is that a property owner cannot restrict you from owning/carrying/concealing in the apartment you own. Does that extend to an office space lease like this?My knowledge of the law is very limited. I recognize that no answer I get should be considered concrete legal advice.Fortunately we're moving office spaces early 2017, so this isn't permanent anyway. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2geLDUG

No comments:

Post a Comment