Monday, December 5, 2016

Kore Essentials X2 belt buckle came undone at work today.


I originally wasn't going to make this post but I felt owners of this belt deserved to know, this may also seem like a blog post but I'm not sure where else would be a good place to share the information.Today while I was at work standing at my station, I felt something go wrong with my belt. I looked down at the buckle (X2 Kore Buckle) and the pin/screw that connects the teeth part that digs into the belt and the ratchet system had fell out, causing the buckle separate. Luckily I work in a machine shop, so a fellow handyman co-worker had fixed it for me. He had put a new threaded screw in, torqued them exactly where they need to be, and included instant adhesive loctite to prevent it from budging in the slightest. While I am grateful my co-worker fixed it for me I'm not sure I can trust this belt now. I've owned it for 3-4 months, and something already came apart. Now I could have gotten a fluke or unlucky, but personally it makes me think of how bad things could've gone had I been OWB carrying in public while the buckle separated like it did.This post is not meant to scatter other peoples thoughts of the belt, I just thought I would share with you guys for information purposes. At first I was not going to wear this belt any longer because I felt I couldn't trust it, but I will give it a second chance now that I know the pin/screw is locked in place as best as can be. If this happens again, I will be purchasing a Beltman with an internal stiffener instead and getting rid of this belt. I like my equipment to be durable and work as expected, that is very important to me. Good day to you all via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2gWlA6b

No comments:

Post a Comment