Sunday, December 11, 2016

Help me understand the legality of carrying at my local hiking spot


Hey there,I am in Georgia with a WCL.My SO and our dogs like to go hiking at a local lake that is run by the county. We were stuck on the trail one day as the sun went down and soon saw several sets of eyes following us in the woods until we saw a brown-gray blur jump across the trail in front of us: coyotes.We high tailed it out of there while all the while hearing rustling around us. We decided after that not to leave the gun in the car while hiking anymore and to make sure we wouldn't be on the trail after dark.After that, I always carried IWB during the day with no issue, until today, I decided OWB with a jacket would do fine.Today, around 1400, on the trail with our dogs, the dogs all stopped and pulled against the leashes towards the woods. This is not common. I stood back and listened. I could hear alot of brush moving, but hey, there are downed leaves everywhere and mountain bikers.Looking across the small gulley I see about 5-6 coyotes running away from our direction. At this point my SO is pretty spooked and we decide to hit the short trail back. This got me thinking about the legality of carrying on the property and possibly discharging.There are no posted signs, and this is the only thing I found online on the website:"(J) Discharge of any firearm within the ---- Recreation Area shall be unlawful, unless express written permission for such has been authorized by the ---- County Board of Commissioners."Thanks!Edit for clarity: I'm trying to decipher the legality of carrying and using a firearm in self defense, the rules do not specifically prohibit carrying a fire arm but apparently discharging one will be viewed as a criminal action via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2gPc5p7

No comments:

Post a Comment