Sunday, December 11, 2016

Belt maintenance


Okay, so having spend $100 on a nice gun belt (okay, so it was a nice heavy belt then I got my CCW and realized it was heavy and sturdy enough to be a gun belt) I'd like to put in a bit of work to maintain it.The belt is a saddleback tow belt. And its done good at what I ask from it. Except its just as thick as my 1 clip holster. SO with use, the 2 layers have started to separate between the stitching and the edge. Not wanting this to wear out and get all weird, what is the best way to get that sealed back up? Should I get leather glue, stuff it between the layers and then clamp and hammer it tight? Should I just burnish the edge? Glue and then burnish? I've got exactly 0 leatherworking knowledge, so I figured I'd ask before I ruin the belt. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2gBm0Rs

No comments:

Post a Comment