Monday, December 12, 2016

Help! I forgot to update my CCW address!


Hello,I moved back in August, and haven't CCW'd since I moved-- I know, not cool. I moved from one house to another a few miles away after completing college.Anyways, I went to carry today and I noticed that my CCW had my outdated address on the card. I checked online and it appears that I have to register my new address with the sheriff's department within 30 days or I'm guilty of a Class I petty offense. Obviously I'm not going to carry until this is resolved.It was an honest mistake that I want to fix. I filled out the form, which asks how long I've been at my new address (3 1/2 months). I have filled it out honestly, but I'm concerned about what's going to happen when they see that. I haven't submitted yet as Denver's CCW office is only open Tuesday-Thursday.Has anyone done this before? Any advice? I'm worried that I could lose my permit or face legal consequences. It wasn't malicious or anything, I just forgot to do it.Thanks!P.S. Here's the link to the document, address change is on pg. 10: http://ift.tt/2hGi0wA via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2hx3drX

No comments:

Post a Comment