Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Dilemma in choosing a firearm


I am a college student choosing my first CCW, and first handgun in general. My priority in firearms is concealability. I want to be able to sit and walk around with my friends without them even noticing I'm carrying. The next thing I'm concerned with is price. I'm willing to spend around $350 if the gun is really worth it. I'm also going to be taking this gun to the range, so I need a gun that will be worth the time shooting.I have a few guns I'm deciding between, and I'd love to hear some opinions. -M&P shield: I love the way this gun feels, and how thin it is, but it's hard to find used (which is a great sign, no one is returning or selling them back to the gun shops) and the cost is $415 at my local gun shops which is a bit pricey. -Glock 43: I like it about the same as the shield, perhaps a bit less. But it suffers the same problems as the shield for me. -Kahr cm9: haven't been able to feel this gun in hand. Will sell at the upper $300 range. But I'm not sure I want this as my first handgunRegarding firearms that shoot .380 acp, these guns are MUCH cheaper, and they are smaller than the 9mm firearms. However, the ammunition is more expensive, and harder to come by, which makes range shooting a bit more costly. -ruger lcp2 is selling till Christmas Eve for $330 at one shop. Average price seems around $380 -Bersa thunder seems to be selling for low $300s, but I know at least one shop won't even sell them because they view them as such a low gun.So reddit, I would like to know your opinions regarding my dilemma. Should I just keep an eye open for the cheaper 9mm on my list, should I just save up and suck it up and buy it, or should I go for the more concealable and cheaper .380 handguns? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2gJQQan

No comments:

Post a Comment