Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Questions about OC spray for EDC


For all you OC carriers out there: So ... the wife and I have recently discussed getting OC spray for both of us. As I am an avid CCW'er, I am very experienced with guns and carry, but I'm a total noob when it comes to OC spray.I've been watching ASP videos and Chuck Haggard videos on the topic. I think I've narrowed it down to the POM compact clip model due to the size and the design of the "safety" on that particular unit.Enter the noob questions:Do you guys train with your OC spray? AKA is there a "dry fire" or "range" equivalent for OC spray? Any resources?Do you guys carry OC spray strong side or weak side? I can see the arguments for both, but I'm leaning strong side at the moment.How do you carry (front pocket, back pocket, belt line)? If you pocket carry, how do you orient it and how do you keep it from falling out of your pocket while in an automobile, couch, etc. I find that "loose" round items in my pockets are always trying to escape.If you use the pocket clip, how do you keep it discrete?Any other tips or considerations?I'm sure I'm overthinking this, but I just wanted to get some basic knowledge on the topic. Thanks. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/36eXXRp

No comments:

Post a Comment