Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Having trouble drawing from Vedder LightTuck due to grip being so close to beltline


So as soon as I got my permit and Glock 19 (gen 5) I got a cheap $20 blackhawk AIWB holster (NOT the serpa) to practice drawing from concealed. I got pretty decent with it but never carried with it (retention is pretty weak, don't feel comfortable doing so as a result), and a few months back I got a lighttuck to carry with. I'm running a blue alpha gear low profile edc belt by the way.I've been having trouble getting my hand on the grip smoothly when drawing from concealed, as the distance between the grip and my beltline is smaller with the lighttuck than the blackhawk. Pics for reference, notice the gap between the front of the grip and my belt. I've adjusted the screws on the lighttuck so that the holster is as high on the clip as possible but it's still been a problem for me (I have decently large hands so wondering if that's the cause of this).Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? Is this something I should just get used to? Would it make more sense to look into a different AIWB holster that has more clearance between the grip and beltline? Any thoughts or comments? Thanks for you help! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3mZfQcH

No comments:

Post a Comment