Sunday, December 27, 2020

Carry options other than IWB? Specifically for drawing while seated?


FDACS has had my application for a little over two months, so hopefully I'll have my license soon. I've been trying to figure out my EDC setup, and I don't think IWB carry will work for me, and I'm hoping some folks who have CC'd for a while could give me some ideas.I wear a uniform daily, long sleeve button up shirt tucked into cargo pants, cargo pants tucked into rubber boots. For 4/5 of my day, I'm sitting in a boat seat (the fiberglass bucket type with sides that I fit in pretty snugly), and that's where I could conceivably be drawing from. For now, my belly and love handles dun lopped over my belt. Between the shape I'm in, the seated position, and the seat I'm in, I don't think IWB is a viable option for carrying my Security 9.What are some other tried and true carry methods? I've considered a shoulder rig, which would work as far as drawing from a seated position, although I don't know how it would connect to my belt with my shirt tucked in. I've thought about utilizing my cargo pocket on my hip, either with a holster shell that I could somehow attach to the leg of my pants, or by attaching the lanyard of my kydex trigger cover inside the pocket and having the pistol just loose in there. I've thought about having it in my boot, but they occasionally get filled with water. Lastly, I thought about attaching a holster shell to the instrument panel on my boat, but I don't want to be brandishing it at the boat ramp when I'm loading and unloading the boat.Anyone run into similar issues or used other non-IWB carry systems that might work? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3mWO7cC

No comments:

Post a Comment