Tuesday, March 24, 2020

So, I got pulled over today.


Happened today about an hour ago, finally got home so I can share.Situation: Traveling on the I-5 south towards San Diego, the flow of traffic was anywhere between 70-80mph (thanks COVID-19). Then a CHP showed up and like usual, everybody decided to coast and slow down. Well I figured it would be no harm in passing him but my speed creeped over 80mph and he decided to flag me down.I had practiced this scenario in my head many times before but didn’t think I’d be using it this soon (only been carrying for couple months). As I’m making my way over to the shoulder, I begin reaching for my wallet and toss it up to the dash board. I keep my vehicle registration and proof of insurance clipped to my sunvisor.Once the CHP and I reached the shoulder the officer approached my vehicle on the passenger side and with both hands in the air I stated, “good afternoon officer, I want to inform you that I’m legally carrying a concealed firearm at my hip, my wallet with IDs are on the dashboard, and my vehicle information is on my visor, what would you like me to do?” (Now I did stumble a bit as I was nervous as hell).The CHP officer responded, “thank you for that information, I appreciate it..” he then went on to tell me he pulled me over for speeding, asked where I was headed, and reminded me to drive safely especially with what’s going on. He left my vehicle and went back to his without asking for my ID and we proceeded about our business.Biggest takeaway = Practice makes perfect. Though getting pulled over is never an intention of mine but practicing what to say to a cop is vitally important. I’m glad a have an experience I can share with others on what to do in this situation. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3agQKRd

No comments:

Post a Comment