Monday, March 2, 2020

First Time Concealed Carry, Looking for Some Advice on Prospective Rig


I should probably start by stating that I'm by no means a noob to firearms, and have been using firearms since I got my first BB Gun as an 8 year old kid and have now been shooting for well over 20 years, though I've long since moved on from BB Guns.​However, I recently moved from NJ to a state that allows open and conceal carry. I would like to exercise my right to conceal carry. I've already looked into legal requirements to ensure I stay within the confines of the law. I've also looked into CCW training as well. Despite my experience with firearms, I'm well aware that shooting at the range isn't the same as the draw and fire techniques required for CCW, so I'll be training both individually and with an instructor to make sure I'm competent. I want to be an asset not a liability if shit hits the fan.​My questions are pretty much all concerned with equipment. I've read through the FAQ's and they've guided me toward a prospective rig and I'd just like some feedback before I actually make a purchase.​For a belt I purchased a black leather belt with internal stiffeners from 5.11. I've been wearing it for a few weeks just to get acclimated to it and I really like it. However, I know the FAQs section says there's a way to test your belt but the link provided appears to be broken. Can someone point me in the right direction so I can test my belt? I'd much rather buy a new one than end up with something that fails me when I need it most.​For a firearm, I'm currently thinking the CZ 75D Compact/PCR combined with a Stealthgear Appendix Plus Venticore Holster.​My questions are:Does anyone have any experience carrying the CZ75D Compact? I understand it's one of the more popular models for concealed carry and I'd just like some feedback from people who've used it and how it compares to other options.I've heard comfort is one of the biggest issues. How can I determine which method of carry is most comfortable for me? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2wr2p0r

No comments:

Post a Comment