Sunday, March 22, 2020

Drew for the first time today


Not in the way that you'd expect.I like fishing and went out early this morning to a nearby lake surrounded by a park/forrest. Pitch black out (granted I had headlamp). So I'm already spooked cause a beaver, which I did not see/it didnt see me until last second, jumped in the water next to me and caught be off guard. But hey whatever its gone lets keep fishing.So I'm fishing and I hear what at first I thought was a dog and then remember there's coyotes out here, but it sounded comfortably far. Well that fucker led a pack to start a brouhaha and were really fucking close. I scanned for them, but couldnt get eyes. I was about 50 to 70m from my car. So I start fast timing it to the car, but these coyotes sounded so close, it sounded like they could have popped out of the wood line any second. So I ended up drawing for the remainder of the distance while scanning the wood line, until I got safely to my car. I wont be fishing alone in the pitch black of night anymore. Granted the sky was beautiful. Was I silly to draw before getting eyes on a coyote?Takeaways:dont go to woods/lake alone at nightremember when drawing to be aware that there could be people/domestic animals aroundremove yourself from dangerous situation when possibleTldr: went fishing alone in darkness. Coyotes were pretty damn close. Drew CCW as proactive measure while getting back to car. Got spooked.Edit: formatting. Also, I'm glad I have a CCL. I would have felt completely out of control and helpless otherwise. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3a6lqo1

No comments:

Post a Comment