Saturday, October 12, 2019

Tweaker in a parking lot - raised some concerns.


I’ve been carrying consistently outside the office for about 8 months now, and had my first run in with anyone that made me feel uncomfortable/vulnerable. My wife and I had our first baby in March, so I’m always a little more aware of my surroundings now, and a bit more on edge. We live in a decent part of town, and I don’t routinely get approached by anyone at gas stations/restaurants/etc.We were on the south side of town this evening trying out a churro place (which was super good). After we ate we get to the car and my wife and I start changing my daughter in the front seat when an average size guy comes right up probably 10 feet away from us and starts asking for money. I was aware he was in the parking lot and walking around so I saw him approach and told him I had no cash and he walked away but was still in the immediate area and was still near us, waving his arms around and approaching others. It was the first time I really felt a lack of confidence in my ability to draw, God forbid I needed to. If he had a weapon or something he was well within range of me to have the upper hand. Situational awareness was helpful but it was definitely a wake up call to spend more time training and being prepared. It was not a great feeling but glad it was no big deal and an example for me to learn from. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2OJuQhA

No comments:

Post a Comment