Thursday, October 10, 2019

New CCW, basic questions


Hi, I am very new to the CCW world.I just have some basic questions for everyone here to better understand what direction I should be going and what I should be doing. I am planning on moving to Arizona in the next few months, and I do know that it is a permitless CCW or open carry state. I am leaning more towards CCW just because I do not want to have that kind of attention to open carry.Looking through some CCW guns, I have shot a Ruger LCP II and the LC9 so far and I liked both, the question regarding those is, I have heard pocket carry isn't too reliable. Is there any truth to this? I am assuming a pocket holster would be needed to have the trigger covered, so nothing accidental happens.I am planning on going to an indoor range near me shortly to try out some other guns, just to see what is comfortable, but being that this is the first time that I would actually be carrying, would it be wise to get a small pocket carry gun? Or would it be more beneficial to get a smaller concealable weapon and to carry it inside the waistband? Would a revolver be reasonable?I am also planning on getting a laserlyte when I do purchase my first weapon just so i can get extremely comfortable with it, as I know these pocket pistols are not really "range" weapons. They have been described to me as an "oh shit" weapon where you just point and shoot, just aiming for center mass as a last resort.Any tips or recommendations would be amazing, thanks everyone! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2M66zR1

No comments:

Post a Comment