Monday, October 14, 2019

Need help with choosing my new EDC


Hello Everyone,I have a G36 that was used for several years as my home defense pistol which I recently started carrying when I received my CCW permit. Unfortunately, there is not much you can do to the G36 in terms of customization and the other pitfalls are limited amount of rounds and also that it is not the most accurate pistol in the world. While it's accuracy isn't terrible in short range encounters, in a high stress situation I would like to give myself the best opportunity to neutralize the threat.I have installed a +1 magazine extension on my G36 which has upped my capacity to 7 rounds in the magazine, +1 when chambered, but 15 or 10 rounds would still be better in my opinion. While the G36 is highly concealable, there are limited amounts of holsters and addons available as it is not the most popular pistol of the Glock family. Also, I would love to add a light to my handgun, and the G36 does not have a standard rail.However, I was looking into switching to 9 mm for capacity and accuracy. I also feel like I would have a better selection of holsters and ability to customize the handgun to my preferences. I was leaning towards a G19 Gen 5 MOS, or a G43x. I do not like the feel of the grip on the compact handguns, but a subcompact would be acceptable. Any guidance or considerations would be much appreciated. I am not set on a Glock, but it has always been my preferred handgun due to the straight forward action and reliability.Photo's of my G36 and the IWB holster I am currently using for reference. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2VHLVKf

No comments:

Post a Comment