Tuesday, October 8, 2019

5.11 LV6 Tactical Man Purse


Hey all.I agree with the general consensus against off-body carry, and personally, AIWB is my preferred method. That said, where I live in tropical sweaty armpits weather the Philippines, off-body carry is the only permissible method of concealed carry under penalty of revocation of one’s carry permit. Also, off-body carry is very forgiving for guys like me with tactical muffin tops.Basic info(Mentally read in 5.11’s sexy deep voice guy)The 5.11 LV6 (low-visibility, 3 liter capacity) bag was designed based on the “grey person” concept of looking like a normal, boring bag on the outside. But a peek inside reveals its raison d’ĂȘtre, which is to discreetly carry a firearm. I don’t understand the number designator “LV6,” when the capacity is just 3 liters.The LV6 can be worn in multiple configurations, such as a fanny pack belt bag, shoulder bag, and others. Here’s a review I found on youtube showing the many ways it can be worn:https://youtu.be/URbfkrIuvZ8The shoulder strap is 2 inches wide. There’s a removable stabilizing strap, which I took off, but it looks very useful for hiking, running, or power-walking (note to self: put down the Cheetos and do these activites).It has a total of 4 pockets, including a very discreet pocket you could use to stash money, or to be completely honest, a few packs of Kit Kat bars without getting that judgy glare from the wife.The main compartment has a large loop panel (female velcro) for attaching a holster, and it has 3 mesh divider pockets.The bag has a tiny 5.11 logo, but it can be tucked away.Cost is about $50 from the manufacturer, and already I’m regretting googling it and finding prices lower than I had paid for it.My impressionsI placed a strip of hook velcro on my holster, and attached the holster to the bag. After clearing my Shield 9, I holstered it in the bag, and decided to give my rig a test drive.I found that I could not achieve a smooth draw or a full purchase on the grip because the holster hugged the bag too much, and the zipper flap got in the way.My solution: I put a foam spacer in between the holster and the loop panel, which should give just enough clearance for my hand to get a better grip on my Shield, and result in a smoother draw. For the spacer, I used a small block of foam less than 1 inch thick cut to appropriate size, placed strips of velcro on both sides of the foam block, attached it to the loop panel in the main pocket, and then stuck my holster to the foam block. The result: good purchase on the grip and a smoother draw. Picture here:https://ift.tt/2MpQ3dr placed a Maxpedition zipper pull because I find it easier to grab onto. I also put a shoulder pad on the shoulder strap for added comfort.The shoulder strap is so easy to remove in seconds for adjusting the way you want the pack to be configured.The tuckable logo is just brilliant. Picture here:https://i.imgur.com/cyqP8kJ.jpgI’d guesstimate that anything bigger than a Glock 19 will be either too big or very snug for this bag.Final thoughtsVery satisfied with my minimalist 5.11 Tactical Man Purse after I placed the foam spacer. It’s just right for my EDC items: my Shield, a spare mag, small canister of pepper spray, my Kit Kat bars healthy snacks, and a travel pack of baby wipes (for Taco Bell related emergencies).Lots of great concealed carry bags out there, definitely consider this one. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2LZUpcn

No comments:

Post a Comment