Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Couples CCW Scenerio training


Was reading a post the otherday about couples and the actions they take when in a potential "draw" situation. And it got me thinking of the proper things that need to happen when a situation dictates a draw.Background: I've been a CCW carrier for 3 years, carry anywhere it's legal, even in the house. Wife is full onboard with it and has no qualms at all (she does NOT carry). She's already learned that I'll always take the seat with the best view of the doors pretty much anywhere. When we walk she's usually on my weak side, just a habit of having her walk on my left for traffic reasons, etc. But I think if there was a scenerio where I had to draw, her tendency and mine would be for her to get behind me, just seems natural.But this was not what I read someone else talk about, they train that in the event he draws, she immediately "lets go" and moves to cover, then starts scanning his area and 6, incase the perp has an accomplish trying to flank him. I get that once I draw, I will most likely become the main threat and center of attention of perp so it'd make sense for her to move away from me.Does anyone know of a group that offers this kind of training, on best practices, which side she should be on, etc.. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/30oN3Ui

No comments:

Post a Comment