Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Call out to CCW frequent flyers. (TSA Pre-Check)


So, our family vacation was at the end of June. Multiple flights with kid(s). Wife came across the TSA Pre-Check program. Looked it over, seemed simple. You basically do another CCW application, fingerprinting, and background check. So the wife went and did hers and I went and did mine. $85 a pop. Living on a small island in the Pacific Northwest, you have to make time to do this sort of thing.Vacation time comes. Wife and stepson fly to drop him off with his dad for the summer in Florida. She then flies to Minnesota where daughter and I fly to. Wife's TSA interactions are great, just what the Pre-Check promises. My TSA interactions are the same as usual, no shorter line, take off your shoes, blah blah blah."But I have the TSA Pre-Check," I say. Doesn't matter, I'm shooed off down the long line with the rest of the peasants.On the flight back, wife and daughter go through the Pre-Check line while I go the regular route."But I have the TSA Pre-Check. What did I spend the $85 for if I don't get to go in the shorter line?" I say."99% of the time you do go through the Pre-Check line," they say."No, this is 100% not the case, both flights I have taken this month have not let me use the Pre-Check.""Well, 99% of the time, you do get to use the Pre-Check," is all they can answer.I'm wondering, are there any other CCW frequent flyers who have signed up for the Pre-Check only to be denied the service? Is it because they know we can legally carry concealed? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2TLFqoG

No comments:

Post a Comment