Thursday, June 6, 2019

How my CCW possibly saved my life and the lives of my friends.


On my 21st birthday I walked into probate court and applied to get my ccw. Immediately after I bought my first pistol. 2 weeks later my license came in and I made the commitment of carrying. Yesterday, it may have saved my life as well as the lives of 2 of my friends. My friends and I were walked through a parking lot around 11pm after leaving a grocery store. A man proceeded to follow us in his car with his windows rolled down and saying some explicit things that I will not repeat. (The parking lot was relatively empty and we were in a pretty secluded quiet part of town.) I did not want him to know what car we were driving in so I quietly told my friends to turn around and start walking back towards the store. He put his car in reverse and started driving backwards with us. I then stopped walking and lifted up my shirt and clearly displayed my pistol (I carry OWB at 4 o’clock position). He immediately changed gears and drove away.I had been trying to convince my friends to seriously consider carrying, and I think this event has really impacted them. I thank God that I was carrying because I can only imagine the other possible ways this could have ended.There could have been other ways to handle this situation, but you never know how you’re going to react when the “what if’s” become reality. I would appreciate any comments/criticism on how to better handle these types of situations. If it matters or isn’t clear yet, I am a female. via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2InaXb3

No comments:

Post a Comment